Thursday, November 22, 2007

Wrestling

Today was Thanksgiving. Most normal people spent a good portion of the day watching football. I spent the day watching professional wrestling (mostly indy promotions).

I've been watching wrestling since I was five or six years old. I started with Hulk Hogan's (terrible) cartoon on Saturday mornings, and quickly moved on to WWF Superstars on Saturday afternoons. I've never stopped.

I know way more about wrestling than any person should. I've been to more shows than any fan should. I've met and talked to more wrestlers than anyone (outside the business) should. I have something like 30 wrestling t-shirts, most of them bought in the past two years. I own around 800 hours of wrestling DVDs.

I think it's safe to say that this is one of my obsessive niche interests.

Oh, and never get me started talking about wrestling. I won't shut up. Ever.

1 comment:

Daniel Caedmon said...

You should start a collection of luchador masks.