Sunday, November 18, 2007

A new world has opened up

Welcome to my new blog. My name is Jade. I have Asperger's Syndrome.

Until I was 26 years old, I had no clue what autism is. I'd just hear it in conversations and never ask. As far as I knew, it was just a learning disability. Little did I know, it was part of me and would change my life forever.

I was just diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome on Wednesday, November 14th, 2007. It took me eight months to find a doctor who works with adults who have autism. I also had to move across the country to do it. There were none in Florida.

I'm going to fill this blog with stories about my life. Looking back on things that were clues to my mental chemistry, interactions with other, and random things in my day that show ways that you can blend in to every day society if you work really hard at it.

In the end, I hope this blog can help people. Keep checking back for more.

2 comments:

Jen said...

Hey, I just wanted to say how glad I am that you found a doctor. I think you know how strongly I feel about seeking out the proper medical help so I'm glad you were able to do so. Things only go forward from here.

Jade said...

I always wanted to find a doctor, but it's amazingly hard for adult Asperger's.