Sunday, November 18, 2007

Symptoms

I think it would be a good idea to list some of my symptoms on here. Maybe you can see a few of these in yourself and they'll help you in some way. I'll probably forget several, but this is a good start, I think.

Social
  • speaking literally
  • taking other's statements literally
  • unable to deal with unfamiliar situations
  • uncomfortable with physical contact
  • unable to follow rules that don't make sense
  • vague instructions cause freezing up


Stimming Rituals
  • leg fidgitting
  • touching my lips
  • stroking my beard
  • cracking fingers/wrists/elbows/shoulders/ankles


Obsessive Niche Interests
  • professional wrestling
  • body modification (piercing, tattooing, etc)
  • portable video games
  • math based puzzle games
  • tarantulas
  • insects


Sensory
  • disgusted by dry textures
  • unable to stomach unfamiliar tastes
  • ability to "feel" sounds

No comments: