Tuesday, December 25, 2007

No Internet



Sorry for the lack of posts. We had to move suddenly and have no internet here, yet. I'm on a borrowed wifi, but it's not stable.

Our old apartment complex talked me into giving them another week to fix things and make everything right. At the end of that week, our upstairs was collapsing more and hadn't been addressed, we'd had sewage in the parking lot for a week (that's what the picture is), they changed their mind about paying for the damage to my motorcycle, and they threatened to evict us because Rachel's name wasn't on the lease (it is).

We finally made the decision that we couldn't deal with the harassment any longer, so we started moving into a new complex that day. I injured myself falling on the frozen sewage on Saturday night, but otherwise we're here now.

The old complex wants to hold us liable for breaking the lease, keep our security deposit, and charge us 85% of the remaining 7 months on our lease. Legally, they have no leg to stand on. I'm working on a lawsuit against them that will address the damage to my motorcycle, and our moving expenses since we had to vacate suddenly. I don't want to deal with it, at all, but I don't want to let them "win."

No comments: