Thursday, February 7, 2008

Nature

I think I'm nearing the end of my job hunt. I've had to go against my nature to do so, and have only been able to do so by understanding how I think, now. I'm learning more and more how my brain works because of my autism. I'm doing this without drugs, without therapy, and without assistance. It's *FAR* from easy, though, and I'm very drained right now.

This is proof to me that I was correct to self diagnose myself almost a year ago. I could have gone this far with only that, but the diagnosis back in November has quieted my nay-sayers in life.

I had to record this video twice due to technical issues. I got rid of the previous technical issues by playing music in the background rather than dubbing it in later, so I hope that works. Either way, this goes into some more detail about my job hunt and what I'm discussing about my nature.

2 comments:

Erica said...

This post made me smile. Good for you dude, it's awesome to hear about your tenacity. So many people use visible mods as an excuse to not even try and get a job; it's great to see you busting your ass to make it work. I'm rooting for ya but in any case don't be discouraged if you don't get this gig. If you don't, it sounds like it was a great personal growth experience and it'll only benefit you in the future. To be honest they are fucking idiots if they don't hire you, as I can't imagine they've had any applicant half as passionate.

FYI, Dermablend is kind of the gold standard in tattoo covering if the Mary Kay doesn't work out.

Jade said...

Thanks for the kind words.

I didn't get the job, but I got this email back:

"Thanks for your persistence Jade. We filled the position for the OKC job yesterday. I do have your application and don't be surprised if you hear from me sometime in the future."

I'm disappointed, but I'm sure I'll find something soon. Especially with my new-found confidence.

As far as Dermablend- I've tried it and haven't been very successful with it.